Anyway, the Rggobi interface package for calling Ggobi from GNU R had a fails to build from source bug which only came up now when the amd64 crowd tried to build it (as this dependent package is a semi-step child in contrib). Since the last package release, I had tried to upgrade to the newer Ggobi 1.0.0-beta, but failed to build either the currently package Rggobi or the newer 1.0.0 of Rggobi against it -- so the old version will have to be it for a while. A friend has a saying for the peticular nature of these build problems: BOINJ, and I guess we need to make that BOICA now. And now, I won't reveal the joke via the blog.
Since then I spent last week catching up on a mountain of email, fixing a few bugs and upgrading a few packages, and doing a few little things like getting the bike back from its annual inspection. No real programming work yet other than adding a few items to the Quantian TODO list; not sure when the next release will be. Beancounter needs an update too, hopefully soon.