A new release 0.5.9.3 was uploaded earlier to the server at the University of
While nominally only a maintenance upgrade over 0.5.9.2, it still
contains a rather large number of changes:
- way more GNU R packages
generated with a modified version of a script by Albrecht Gebhardt --
about 360 packaged are added from
providing unparalled depth for statistical computing
- an almost complete suite from the Debian-Med project for medical
informatics (only CMS was left out, would Zope make sense for Quantian?)
- the GNU geda electronics design software suite
- the scalapack libraries and headers for parallel linear algebra in
mpich, lam and pvm 'flavours'
- loads of 'recommended' documentation packages
- header packages for atlas3 and lam
- upgraded throughout against Debian testing, with over 300 updated
- Total size is now 1.5gb for the compressed iso image, corresponding to
more than 4.4gb of uncompressed software.
- also available are a new cdrom-sized version of 0.5.9.2 and a bootable
iso of only 7mb, both contributed by Marco Caliari
Slightly more informations are in the Quantian
changelog, and general info is as always at the Quantian pages.