A shiny new release of Quantian is now available! Release 0.7.9.1, available
as a iso file of 2.5 gb, contains almost 7 gb of quantitative, numerical or
This release is the first one based on Knoppix 4.0.2 and features:
- Kernel 2.6.12, KDE 3.4, OpenOffice 2.0, ... and more from Knoppix 4.0.2
- a backport of the openMosix-enabled 2.4.27 kernel and openMosix tools
from the last clusterKnoppix release,
- very comprehensive support for
GNU R with over 800 packages from
BioConductor, plus ESS, Ggobi,
Rpad, RKward, ...
- newly added packages such as scigraphica, polyxmass, gromacs and more
- content from metapackages from Debian Med, Debian Edu and Debian Junior
- and still loads more of math, bio, engineering, LaTeX, ... software
Downloads are available from the Quantian site at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
in Seattle and at from Greg Warnes'
machine at Yale. European mirrors should be in sync within a day or two,
Bittorrent support via the Linux Mirror
Project should also be available soon. Note that http transfers seem to
be problematic due to the file size of over 2gb; rsync and bittorrent are
probably a better approach.
More information is as always available at the Quantian pages.