A new release of Quantian is now available! Release 0.7.9.2, available as a
iso file of 2.7 gb, contains almost 7.6 gb of quantitative, numerical or
This release is the second one based on Knoppix 4.0.2 and features:
- Kernel 2.6.12, KDE 3.5 / 3.4, OpenOffice 2.0, ... and more from
- a backport of the openMosix-enabled 2.4.27 kernel and openMosix tools
from the last clusterKnoppix release,
- very comprehensive support for
GNU R with over 870 packages from
BioConductor, plus ESS, Ggobi,
Rpad, RKward, RSPerl, JGR, ...
- addition of the Java 1.5.0 SDK enabling us to add
- plus a number of other new packages (inkscape, orsa, praat, wxmaxima,
some more Debian documentation...)
- and still loads more of math, bio, engineering, LaTeX, ... software
Downloads are available via the Quantian site at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
in Seattle and at from Greg Warnes'
machine at Yale. European mirrors should be in sync within a day or two,
Bittorrent support via the Linux Mirror
Project should also be available soon. Note that http transfers seem to
be problematic due to the file size of over 2gb; rsync and bittorrent are
probably a better approach.
More information is as always available at the Quantian pages.